A development professional with strong skills in web application development and web server management on Microsoft, Unix, and Linux platforms.
Timothy J. Finucane
July, 2001 – May 2010 Senior Developer: Multi-Platform, Algonquin Studios
- Worked with a small team to design and deploy Algonquin Studio's primary data center for client hosting, including Windows Storage Server, Windows 2003 servers, Red Hat Linux Enterprise 4 servers, and Cisco routers.
- Deployed Qmail MTA for Algonquin Studio's core email server on Red Hat Linux Enterprise 4.
- Management of BIND servers used as the primary and secondary DNS servers for Algonquin Studio's hosting environment.
- Installed and managed Apache, PHP, and MySQL 4.1 on Red Hat Linux Enterprise 4 for use by Algonquin Studio's Transmerge product.
- Contributed to the development of the core ASP.NET components used in all Algonquin Studios development projects, including the QuantumCMS 3.0 product.
- Assisted in development of features for the company's proprietary content management system, QuantumCMS 2.0, using ASP 3.0 and Visual Basic 6.
- Assisted in the implementation of WebTrends web statistics package on Algonquin Studios's production web server.
- Worked in team environment to implement QuantumCMS for several clients, including City of Buffalo, Roswell Park, ABC Companies, Buffalo Hearing and Speech Center and Health for All.
- Developed an ASP.NET search application for Health for All's WNY Helpnet web site.
- In a team environment I contributed to the development of a Visual Basic 6 application that currently manages ABC Company's call center.
- Developed an ASP.NET application for Coldwell Banker Europe agents to manage their billing information and web presence.
- Development of a property search application for the Coldwell Banker Europe web site using ASP.NET.
- Creation of a online bid application for Medco Sports Medicine using ASP.NET.
- Collaborative construction of an application to create documents dynamically in pdf format for REHAU Inc using ASP.NET.
- Built a front end search application to locate and display attorney biographies on the Hodgson Russ web site.
- Created a SQL script to import attorney biography data from Hodgson Russ' old attorney biography system to the new system built by Algonquin Studios.
- Assisted with the maintenance and addition of new features in the AGCI application for ABC Companies using ASP.NET and T-SQL for Microsoft SQL Server 2000.
Algonquin Studios http://www.algonquinstudios.com/
March, 2003 – December, 2007 Webmaster, Akron Bugle
- Design of the web site using Adobe Photoshop and HTML.
- Development of the PressPointe content management system for periodical publication using PHP 4.0 and MySQL 3.23, 4.x.
- Development of a subsciber management application that would integrate with the PressPointe CMS.
- Implementation of a community forum using phpBB software.
- Entry of content each week using the PressPointe CMS.
Akron Bugle http://www.akronbugle.com/
May 2005 – May 2007 Owner, Radio.Speljamr
- Production of an independent podsafe music show using Alesis USB8 mixer, MX990 microphones, Goldwave recording software, and Propaganda podcast software.
- Deployment, modification, and maintenance of a WordPress 2.3.3 blog to publish the Radio.Speljamr RSS feed.
- Deployment and maintenance of the Etomite Content Management System used to manage the entire speljamr.com domain.
- Maintained membership in the Association of Music Podcasting and Podsafe Music Network.
Jan., 2000 – July, 2001 Senior Webmaster / Application Developer / IT Director , Appraisal.com
- Managed both internal and external teams during development of several Appraisal.com tools.
- Completed Version 4.0 of the Appraisal.com web site using ASP, PerlScript, and VBScript.
- Developed and coded updates to Nationwide Appraisal Network Versions 2.1-2.3 using ASP and PerlScript.
- Developed templates for Version 4.0 of the Appraisal.com web site using ASP, PerlScript, and VBScript.
- Developed templates for Version 2.0 of the AppraisalMax.com web site using ASP, PerlScript, and VBScript.
- Developed templates for Version 2.0 of the Day One web site using ColdFusion.
- Designed the Nationwide Appraisal Network Version 2.0.
- Designed the Database for Nationwide Appraisal Network V2.0 and Billing Engine using MS SQL Server 7.0.
- Developed code for the Nationwide Appraisal Network V2.0 from scratch using PerlScript and ASP.
- Designed the Appraisal.com Affiliate Program Version 1.0.
- Developed code for the Appraisal.com Affiliate sign-up and Auto-Code Generator using Perl and CGI.
- Developed code for Appraisal.com Affiliate reporting tools on the intranet using Perl and CGI.
- Developed all HTML and ASP code for Version 3.0 of the Appraisal.com web site.
- Developed all HTML and ASP code for Version 2.0 of the Appraisal.com web site.
- Graphical Design of Version 2.0 of the Appraisal.com web site using Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Graphical Design of US State/County maps used in Version 1.0 of the Nationwide Appraisal Network.
- Implemented tracking of web server statistics using Mediahouse Statistics Server 5.0.
- Resistration of Appraisal.com and Ftra.com with all search engines.
- Managed administration of the IIS 4.0 web server.
- Design and development of Ftra.com Version 1.0.
- Designed several of the initial marketing materials using Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Assisted Network Administrator in some network management of the NT4.0 Network.
May, 1999 – Jan., 2000 Webmaster / Web Manager, Drew Candle Co.
- Graphical Design of all elements used on the Drew Candle web site with Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Began design and development of full tracking system for orders.
- Developed Perl code used to integrate the site with Beenz.com.
- Developed all code used in the HTML layout of the Drew Candle web site.
- Developed Access database used for tracking customers and orders.
- Integrated Existing Site with the Open Market Shop Site package.
- Raised gross income of site from $50/month to $11,000/month in a 6 month time period.
- Designed, Developed and Implemented many marketing initiatives such as, games, contests, and email newsletters.
- Developed shipping prices and shipping policy.
- Handled many of the customer service issues, including orders, shipment of orders, tracking of orders, lost shipments, customer complaints, and returns.
- Managed web hosting accounts.
Drew Candle Co. http://www.drewcandle.com/
Nov., 1998 – Mar., 1999 Technical Support, LocalNet
- Assisted in some updates to the existing web site
- Assisted customers in setting up their LocalNet internet connections on Windows 3.1, Windows 95/98,
- Windows NT, and Mac OS 7.0-8.5 operating systems.
- Helped resolve issues with modems and modem drivers.
- Educated some customers on the use of various internet software packages.
Application Development Skills:
- HTML, DHTML
- PHP 4.x,5.x
- ASP 3.0
- Visul Basic 6.0
- Perlscript w/ ASP
- Perl for Win32s
- Cold Fusion 4.0
- MySQL 3.x, 4.x
- SQL Server 7.0, 2000
- IIS 4.0, 5.0, 6.0
- Web page layout and design
- Graphics construction
- Database design
- Windows 3.1
- Windows 98/95/ME
- Windows NT 4.0
- Windows 2000
- WIndows XP
- Mac OS 7.0-8.5
- Mac OS X
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Microsoft Access 2000
- Microsoft Word 2000
- Microsoft Excel 2000
- Visio 2000
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft Visual SourceSafe
- Internet Explorer
- Imail Mail Server